It was almost end of this year's pumpkin season... I realized it was high time I made good or some use of the pumpkin cans I had bought whimsically from Trader Joe's when the season started ! So looked up recipes and modified them to make my own EASY pumpkin pie protocol with in-house ingredients :)
|Mixing all ingredients|
- 1 can pumpkin puree ( NOT pie-mix)
- 1 cup buttermilk pancake mix ( Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- whipped topping ( optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease well a 9 inch pie plate .
- Stir all ingredients ( no need to worry about order) except whipped topping until well blended and pour into pie plate.
- Bake for ~ 40 minutes or knife inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in room temperature for ~ 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until chilled.
- Serve with whipped topping .
- Store in refrigerator covered .
|Oven-fresh Pie ( Before chilling)|
|Slice of Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream|
Happy Baking :)
Ajanta from Amherst