Time constraint does not stop any of us from craving for fancy food...does it? I have always relished paneer and when my MIL gave me this unbelievably easy recipe, I had to try it the very next day. I have made it a few times now and it turns out equally tasty every time. Here goes the recipe for the quickest paneer dish I have ever made.
Serves: 5-6 persons
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 400 g (14oz) paneer i.e. 1 medium sized packet
- Vegetable oil – 2 tsp
- Green chillis - 4-5 slit longitudinally
- Raisins (medium sized) 1 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 2 tbsp
- Tomato paste -5 tbsp or 1 medium sized chopped fresh tomato
- Milk-1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Green peas –1/2 cup
- Cilantro - 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Grate paneer and mix it well with oil in a medium sized microwave-safe container. Cook in microwave for 2 mins.
- Add garam masala and raisins and stir well .Microwave again for 2 mins .
- Add green chillies, ginger paste and tomato paste and microwave for another 2 mins after stirring.
- Add milk,green peas,cilantro and salt to taste and microwave for 4 mins.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Serve hot with homemade chapati or even rice!
Ajanta from Amherst
Notes: The step by step adding of ingredients instead of adding everything together is for better mixing because we stir every time we bring the bowl out. Also, cooking time may vary with each microwave.