December 5, 2011

Blueberry Muffin

Blueberry Muffins are my FAVORITES !! I have to admit I was very skeptical to give them a shot ; Firstly, coz I knew if they turn out not as good I would sulk a lot about it..Secondly, if they are good I would eat a lot having so many muffins at home staring at me !!! It turned out that it is the second factor which is bothering me at present :) I combined recipes from Martha Stewart and Laura Vitale this time and came up with my own version. Here it goes  !!

Ingredients :
  • 1 & 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar -
  • 2 eggs 
  • 6 tbsp unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup whole milk ( or 1/2 cup sour cream if available to make it softer)
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup fresh blueberry
  • A pinch of salt
Directions:
  •  Preheat oven to 350 F and bring butter and eggs to room temperature.
  •  Blend butter, sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl till smooth.
Blending butter, sugar and eggs
  • Add in whole milk, vanilla extract and salt.
  • In a separate bowl add blueberries in the flour so that blueberries are flour coated ( this is to avoid sinking of blueberries in the batter later on) and then add to the rest of the mix.
Blueberries coated with flour
Blueberry-Flour mixture added to rest of the batter
  • Add baking powder and mix well.
  • Use ice cream scoop to equally fill lined 12 cup cake pan . 


Batter filled cup cake pan
  • Bake for ~ 20 minutes or till toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Blueberry Muffins ..Ready to eat !!
Literally staring at us !
Have fun baking my all-time favorite muffin :)

Ajanta from Amherst






No comments:

Post a Comment