Diwali is just round the corner. Its the best time of the year - with all the festivities, diyas, fire crackers, rangolis and ofcourse - sweets. :)
I have a sweet tooth, and love to try out new sweets each year. This year I'm trying to make simple sweets entirely from things that are readily available in our pantry/ refrigerators.
Here's the recipe for Orange Delight, a quick and easy sweet.
1 cup crumbled Paneer. I made the paneer at home from whole milk and yogurt. You can use any method you prefer. One of popular methods uses lemon juice as here
1 whole naval orange.
1/4 cup super fine sugar (sieved)
Orange food color (1-2 drops optional)
Orange or vanilla essense (optional)
Cookie cutters (optional)
Mini Cupcake liners
- Peel oranges, and remove skin and seed from each segment. Roughly chop the segments. Reserve pulp from 4-5 segments for garnishing.
|Orange and sugar mixed into the paneer|
- Gently mix the paneer and sugar into the orange pulp.
- Add orange food color and essense (if desired) and mix.
- Roll into small balls or cut with cookie cutter of desired shape.
- Place each piece into a mini cupcake liner gingerly.
- Garnish with reserved orange segment pieces.
- Serve cool. It can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-4 days.
Note: Using crushed pineapple and yellow food color would create another variation and could be called "Pineapple Delight" :)
Hetal from Houston